Individuals with kidney stones suffer with debilitating pain at the time of releasing the stone. Even though it appears as a very simple process of passing the stone through urine, it also causes severe pain when the stone starts its travel through the narrow passages of the ureters.
Every kidney stone cannot be passed through the urine. After analyzing the kidney stones through imaging tests, if the stones are very small in size and can be passed through urine, your physician may recommend some of the given suggestions:
• To pass the kidney stones, it is recommended to reduce the load on kidneys. This only means that you have to increase the extent of water consumption. As a result, the stones get dissolved in the excess water and get eliminated through urine. About six to eight glasses of water should be consumed regularly. To know if the water that you are consuming is enough or not, you should observe the color of the urine. If it is pale-yellow in color, it indicates that you are consuming sufficient water.
• Many kidney stone sufferers reduce their extent of activity due to pain. But, it is not a wise practice. If you wish to pass your kidney stones, you should move as much as possible. However, do not strain yourself too much. Regular practice of exercise makes the stones to move and get eliminated through the urine.
• To increase the urine flow, it is recommended to take diuretics. To force the kidney stones out of the kidney, you can take one or two glasses of beer.
• On the other hand, it is essential to restrict the consumption of foods that restrict or lower the flow of urine. One such food is caffeine rich beverages such as coffee. They dehydrate the body and reduce the urine production or flow. In addition to preventing the flow of existing stones, they encourage the formation of new stones. This is due to the formation of concentrated urine.
• Large sized kidney stones can be made to pass easily by breaking them into pieces. This can be achieved by having acidic foods such as lemons. Add few drops of lemon in water and drink it. This will breakdown the kidney stones and fastens the process of passing the stones with less pain.
• Even you are passing the kidney stones; you may experience severe back pain. It can be controlled by using over the counter pain killers or by application of heating pads at the region of pain.
Phosphoric Acid Dissolves Calcium Deposits
Fact! Soft drinks are commonly mistaken as the cause of kidney stones. But in most cases, kidney stones are caused by the sufferer’s lack of hydration (water intake). After months or years of consistent dehydration, the body cannot effectively flush toxins, impurities and calcium. And one result (of many) is calcium buildup in the kidneys.
But why do soft drinks take the rap? Typically, people who drink 3-4 cans of soft drinks a day are suffering from dehydration in on a daily basis and don’t know it. Have you ever went the whole day and didn’t drink an ounce of water? I guarantee you would not even know you were thirsty if you had a can or two of Coke.
Though soft drinks can cause kidney stones because drinkers forget to drink water; some soft drinks (containing phosphoric acid) can actually help dissolve kidney stones.
It is good to eliminate the stones through urine. But, it is also essential to control the production of the stones within the kidneys. This can be made possible only by studying the type of the stone like the composition of the stone. To analyze the stones, it is essential to collect them. So, while urinating, it is essential to pass the urine through a strainer to filter the stones. These stones are further analyzed to find the composition.